Young people from around the world who have recognized that making oneself available in a very practical way is a special ministry to others as well as a greatly enriching experience of God’s enabling grace. We shall need your commitment and count on you not just agreeing with but also sharing the wishes and goals we have.
We want each co-worker to discover and contribute his gifts in a uniquely combined team of people.
Each one will be challenged to give Jesus Christ more room in his or her life through both giving and doing, a personal quiet time, participation in lectures and services, and thereby deepening their trust in Him. In this way your time at Tauernhof will be a very practical experience to equip you for life and should give you an enlarged view of world missions.
- Instructor for the Summer Programs (no need until Summer 2014)
The instructors for the summer programs serve from the end
of June until mid September. They get one week of training, led by the
Tauernhof staff. Following this training, they serve at the English
speaking Upward Bound program (5 weeks), followed by our various German
speaking summer camps.
As an instructor, you will lead a small group (approx. 8
people). You take responsibilities, you help, encourage and lead your
group in various activities, you lead the sharing times (de-briefs) and
you will also share some devotions and possibly preach once or twice.
You have to be at least 24/25 years of age, and be fluent in
English. Knowledge of the German language is not required, though it is
of course a help.
- RA ('Resident Assistant') (no need until Spring Bible School 2014)
As an RA, you serve our students during the Spring and/or
Fall Bible School (8 weeks from April to June and/or 12 weeks from
September to December). As an RA, you interact with the students,
organize various activities (sports, hikes, social nights, trips, etc.)
and you accompany the students through the course.
You need to have already attended a Torchbearer Bible School and you must be fluent in English.
- Ski and/or Snowboard Instructor (no need until the Winter Season 2014-5)
Our Ski and/or Snowboard Instructors need to be here for the
whole winter season, starting with one week of instruction right after
our Fall Bible School (usually mid December).
Our Ski and Snowboard Instructors ski instruct every morning
from 10:00 to 12:30. However, they also help in other areas and have
different responsibilities, such as cleaning the dining rooms, setting
tables, shovelling snow and working in the 'Bistro' where we sell coffee
You need to be at least 18 years old.
- House and Kitchen Staff (no need until Spring 2014)
You work in the house and in the kitchen, assisting our housekeeper and our cook (cleaning, cooking, doing dishes).
You need to be at least 18 years old and stay for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 months.
- Helping with Maintenance (no need until Summer 2014)
You assist our maintenance man, help with all kind of work
in and around the house (mowing the lawn, shovelling snow, recording,
copying CD‘s and MP3‘s, go shopping for the cook, etc.).
You need to be at least 18 years old and you need to have a driving license.
We are very much looking forward to having you here with us and for the help you will be giving. This in turn
- 1. A typical daily schedule at Tauernhof would be approximately as follows (although this is subject to alterations as necessary):
- 2. Your time off will depend upon your type of work and upon the guest program. But we are concerned about an appropriate amount of time for rest and recreation for yourself.
- 3. Some guests and students struggle with problems of their past. In order to be a good example and to avoid problems, you may not smoke or drink alcohol during your time as a member of the Tauernhof team.
- 4. We wish to protect and maintain privacy in the sleeping quarters. For this reason, it is not allowed to enter the sleeping quarters of the opposite sex.
- 5. Our main language among each other is English. However, knowing a bit of German is always helpful to communicate, especially in the local area.
- 6. Every Practical Student receives a pocket money of €90 per month.
implies a high degree of co-responsibility. The time we spend together will be one of giving and receiving,
of learning and imparting, and thus a good experience in following Christ - something which unites and
concerns us all.
All of our practical students receive a small pocket money
of €90/month plus free room and board. They need to have their own
health and accident insurance policy.
Please note that due to limitations in the size of, and personnel in
our kitchen, in terms of special diets, we can only provide vegetarian
and lactose free. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in helping us serve the Lord in one of the above mentioned staff positions, we kindly ask you to send us an email. Write us a little bit about yourself (age, hobby, education, Christian background and add a recent picture of yourself). Let us know what period of time you want to come for.
Use our Online Application
or write an Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested what to do in your freetime here at Tauernhof, watch this :-)